Training Date :
1st – 2nd March 2018
9th – 10th May 2018
Everything we say or do in public is Public Relations. This seminar promotes a better understanding and appreciation of the challenges, skills, attitude and philosophy that are so necessary to successfully manage an effective public relations programme for a company in the private sector, a government ministry or department in the public sector or for an NGO.
By the end of the “Effective Public Relations” workshop, participants will be able to gain the following :
- Learn the key theories behind Public Relation practice
- Understand the fundamental concepts of public relations as an integral part of the management mix
- Appreciate the differences in advertising, marketing, press relations and promotions
- Increase the knowledge of media relations and getting coverage
- Identify public relations opportunities and initiate approaches
- Manage the public relations function in keeping with professional standards
- Distinguish audiences and their needs
- Using effective Public Relation tools
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Executives & Managers with responsibility for the public relations function
- Executives & Managers from advertising and marketing
- Staff of relevant government departments and ministries
- Other executives & managers who wish to make a career move.
This “Effective Public Relations” workshop’s methodology is a combination of Interactive Presentation and expert input with lots of examples and exercises.
The time stated is approximate and could be changed by the trainer according to the response of the participants and situation on the day of the training.
9.00 am – Session 1
Understanding Public Relations
– What is Public Relations
– Understand how the media works
– What are their expectations
10.30am – Session 2
The Communication Process
– The relationships between the advertisers and their customers
– Why it is important to visualize who you are writing to / speaking to
– Creating a profile of your target audience
– Understand the different between fact, observation and insight
– What happen after you submit your news release
1.30pm – Session 3
Major Public Relations Services
– Press Conference
– One to One interview
– Ambush interview
– Telephone interview
– Answering Tricky Questions
– Responding to Controversial Issues
– Handling hostile media / reporters
3.00pm – Session 4
Case study workshop
9.00am – Session 5
Drafting News Releases
– What is your objective
– Write an effective news release
– Read your audience, write like a human, not robot, building a relations that matter
– Follow their followers in social media
– Write something interesting
– Checklist of items that need to go in
10.30am – Session 6
Workshop on news releases
1.30pm – Session 7
Benefits of Effective Public Relations
– Lead Generation
– Target Market
3.30pm – Session 8
Case study workshop
Mr. BENEDICT MORAIS
– FIPR(M), MMIM, DIP CAM (PR), Cert. App. Research (Manila),
– Cert. Teaching (Penang)
BENEDICT MORAIS is a Fellow of the Institute of Public Relations Malaysia and a Member of the Malaysian Institute of Management. He established BMV Consultancy in February 2006 and is its chief executive. He was Special Adviser at ACCA based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from February 2002 to February 2008.
Prior to assuming his position in ACCA, Benedict served as CIMA Malaysia’s Divisional Director from April 1990 to March 2000. He was subsequently appointed CIMA’s Regional Director, Business Development and served in that capacity for a further two years.
Benedict has lectured, counseled and conducted programmes for corporations, colleges and non-profit organizations for the last thirty years. He used to write occasionally for newspapers, magazines and journals. A compilation of some of his articles was published in 1995 under the title ‘Stand By Your Convictions’.
In particular, Benedict has conducted training sessions on Business Writing Skills, Effective Public Speaking, Leadership and Management Skills and Effective Public Relations for organizations in both East and West Malaysia. He has also guest lectured at the Malaysian Institute of Management, the National Institute of Public Administration (INTAN) and the Institute of Diplomacy and Foreign Relations (IDFR). He was also one of three trainers who helped to prepare senior government officers to handle their PR and liaison duties during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Kuala Lumpur in 1998.
Benedict holds a CAM Diploma in Public Relations awarded by Communications, Advertising & Marketing (CAM) Education Foundation, London and a Certificate in Applied Research and Educational Development Project Planning from INNOTECH, Manila. He qualified as a college trained teacher from St. Joseph’s Training College in Penang.
He is a Past President of the Institute of Public Relations Malaysia and prior to that served for many years on the Council of the Institute. He was appointed Adviser to the School of Mass Communications, ITM in 1985 and served in the same capacity to the School of Foundation Studies, University Utara Malaysia in 1989. In 2003, he was appointed Adjunct Faculty at the Faculty of Accountancy & Management, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) and subsequently re-appointed to the position for another 3 year term in 2006.
He co-edited and produced the local handbook for PR,‘Public Relations – The Malaysian Experience’ in 1986. In December 2008, Benedict published a limited edition book on his career journey titled ‘Cheer, Cheer and Courage Display’. Benedict is a Past President of the Kiwanis Club of Kuala Lumpur. He was previously a training manager with a multinational corporation, a registrar with a group of UK correspondence colleges and a research and evaluation officer with the Ministry of Education, Malaysia.
Comments from past participants :
I have known Benedict Morais or Ben as he is fondly known for more than thirty years now. His illustrious career spanning government service to the corporate world makes him the best person to share his experiences, skills and wisdom when conducting training programmes. He is particularly good in conducting Business Writing Skills programme as well as Effective Public Relations and Public Speaking programmes.
I have no hesitation in recommending those who want to equip themselves with the skills and competencies to compete in this brutal and unforgiving world to attend one of his programmes. For one to ensure sustainability and possess the new transient advantage, in an era where facebook, twitter, youtube and linkedIn rules, business writing skills puts you ahead of the curve. – Khaeruddin Sudharmin, Adjunct Professor, Adviser and Board Member, MRC Malaysia in partnership with THATCHAM UK
“Mr Benedict Morais is a thorough professional who excels in whatever tasks he undertakes. Have no worries. Benedict Morais can always deliver” – Mr. Balan Balasundaram, Managing Director, The English Masters
“I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation on Effective Public Speaking held on 7 and 8 November 2013 at Concorde Hotel, KL. Your delivery was so engaging that I lost all track of time. By any measure, you are a very effective speaker and educator. You build a strong confidence in the participants and make them feel good about themselves. I am very grateful to be in your training programme. Thank you for inspiring me to be a better leader and person” – Puan Rozita Bt. Omar, Marketing Manager, PKEINP, Ipoh, Perak.
Course Fees & Registration
FEE PAYABLE PER PARTICIPANT :
Normal Price : RM1,688
Early Bird (15 days before event) : RM1,588
Group Discount (>2 participants) : RM1,388
Fee includes course materials, lunch, 2 tea breaks per day and Certificate of Attendance (upon completion of the training).
Download our Registration form Here and sent it to us by
Fax : +603 5523 2827
Email : email@example.com
CANCELLATION / TRANSFER
Upon registering, participant(s) are considered successfully enrolled in the event. Written cancellations / transfer notice received :
- More than ten (10) working days before the event, a refund (less administrative charge of 15%) will be made.
- Ten (10) working days or less before the event, no refund will be made.
- For no show on the day of the event, full payment is required. If you cannot attend the event, you can nominate a substitute at any time without payment of an administration fee.
- A full (100%) refund may be granted if the course is cancelled by Wanfah Prosper PLT (WFP). WFP reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event and / or change facilitator at any time should circumstances beyond its control arises. WFP also reserve the right to make alternative arrangements without prior notice should it be necessary to do so.
Please make cheque payable / direct credit to :WANFAH PROSPER PLT
Accounts Number : 3812930508
Bank : Public Bank Berhad
Personal Data is gathered in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709)