Training Date :
14th – 15th March 2018
20th – 21st August 2018
This “Reading and Interpreting Corporate Financial Statement” training is designed for those who wish to learn / enhance their knowledge and skills in understanding Financial Statement. Participants will be able to develop their business acumen and be able to apply financial management knowledge to work, business and personal life.
The aim of this two days course is to :
- Learn about the various types of Financial Statement and their uses
- Understand the terminology used in Financial Statement
- Understand the accounting concept used in preparing the Financial Statement
- Analyze Financial Statement and understand their relationships
- Understand the limitations of Financial Statement analysis
- See the underlying business dynamics from the financial perspective
- Make better business decisions and investment decisions
- Build the necessary confidence to work with professionals
- Build a more productive relationship with other sections, suppliers and customers
- Become a team player in achieving financial goals of the Company
- Think “Bottom-Line” and help transform performance measure into results
- Extend professional skills and add career value
Upon the successful completion of this “Reading and Interpreting Financial Statements” training, participants should be able to :
- Apply accounting concepts on which the preparation of Financial Statements are based
- Differentiate the different between Profit and Cash
- Define linkages between Financial Statements
- Identify some controversies involved in the preparation of Financial Statements
- Determine limitations of the information contained in Financial Statements
- Read and analyze the Financial Statements
- Know the limitations of Financial Statements analysis
- Predict Financial Failure
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Presidents / Vice Presidents / Directors / General Managers / Departmental Managers
- Personnel who are involved in making Financial and Business Decisions
- Investor who wish to understand Financial Statement
- Anyone who is responsible for financial analysis and reporting
This “Reading and Interpreting Financial Statements“ training’s methodology is a combination of expert input, interactive practical exercises, group discussions, presentations and video.
1. Understanding Accounting Framework
- Understand the different between Conceptual Framework and Regulatory Framework
- What are Fundamental Accounting Concept and Assumption used in preparing Accounting Records and why these are being used
2. Distinction between Types of Accounts
- Differentiate between Assets, Liabilities, Expenses, Income and Equity
- Understanding the Accounting Equation
- Differentiate between OPEX and CAPEX
3. Types of Financial Statements
- Statement of Profit or Loss and other Comprehensive Income
- Statement of Financial Position
- Statement of Changes in Equity
- Statement of Cash Flows
4. Analysis Tools for interpreting Statement of Profit or Loss and Statement of Financial Position
- Vertical Analysis
- Horizontal (Trend) analysis
- Ratio Analysis
5. Evaluate using Ratios
6. Analyze through Detailed study of Statement of Cash Flows
- Differentiate between Profit and Cash
- Analysis of the Company’s Cash Flows
7. Other Pertinent Factors in making business decisions
- Notes to the accounts in Published Financial Statements
- Limitation of Financial Statements and interpretation techniques
Mr. Tan Chee Wan
PSMB Train-The-Trainer certificate no: TTT/6518
Fellows Member of Chartered Management Accountant – FCMA (UK)
Chartered Accountant (Malaysia) – CA (M’sia)
Chartered Global Management Accountant – CGMA
Competent Toastmaster – CTM
Tan Chee Wan is a Senior Member (FCMA) of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, CIMA and a member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants, MIA since 1992. He has been a Council Member of the CIMA Malaysia Divisional Council since 1998 until the Divisional Council dissolved in May 2012. Chee Wan is also a duly certified Competent Toastmaster of Toastmaster International.
Chee Wan has had a long and distinguished career as a Management Accountant in a number of well-known Malaysian and International Companies. He started his career in Finance as an Auditor. In 2000, he joined KNM Berhad as Group Financial Controller and played a pivotal role in KNM’s listing submission. In December 2005, Chee Wan returned to his hometown, Melaka and worked for Coats Thread (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. as Finance Manager / Director and retired in March 2012 to form Wanfah Prosper Training & Consultancy.
As the pioneer CIMA Global Membership Assessor from Malaysia, Chee Wan is actively involved in giving talks and doing workshops for potential members who wanted to apply for CIMA membership locally as well as in Singapore and has conducted in house training as well as public training programmes on Finance both locally as well as in Cambodia. With the expansion of more oversea Global Membership Assessors, Chee Wan has been mentoring two new Assessors in Malaysia.
After started his own business, Chee Wan has keep up todate of the current technology. Among some of his achievement are created his own business websites, developed mobile apps and ventured into E-commerce.
All in, Chee Wan has more than twenty-five years of hands-on experience in different areas of management and functions in diverse industries such as in auditing, printing, construction, manufacturing, consultancy, engineering and trading. Other than the Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Corporate Finance and Credit Control, some of the other functions include: general management, business development, business strategic planning, performance improvement, quality assurance, human resource management, information technology and management, budgeting and strategic cost management.
Chee Wan has attended the Train The Trainer Training conducted by PMSB and is a certified trainer under PMSB (Certificate No. TTT/6518). Chee Wan is also a Certified GST Consultant / Trainer having attended the Royal Malaysia Custom GST training and passed its examination.
Course Fees & Registration
FEE PAYABLE PER PARTICIPANT :
Normal Price : RM1,688
Early Bird (15 days before event) : RM1,588
Group Discount (>2 participants) : RM1,388
Fee includes course materials, lunch, 2 tea breaks per day and Certificate of Attendance (upon completion of the training).
Download our Registration form Here and sent it to us by
Fax : +603 5523 2827
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATION / TRANSFER
Upon registering, participant(s) are considered successfully enrolled in the event. Written cancellations / transfer notice (substitution or to a later dates) received :
- More than ten (10) working days before the event, a refund (less administrative charge of 15%) will be made.
- Ten (10) working days or less before the event, no refund will be made.
- For no show on the day of the event, full payment is required. If you cannot attend the event, you can nominate a substitute at any time without payment of an administration fee.
- A full (100%) refund may be granted if the course is cancelled by Wanfah Prosper PLT (WFP). WFP reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event and / or change facilitator at any time should circumstances beyond its control arises. WFP also reserve the right to make alternative arrangements without prior notice should it be necessary to do so.
Please make cheque payable / direct credit to :WANFAH PROSPER PLT
Accounts Number : 3812930508
Bank : Public Bank Berhad
Personal Data is gathered in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709)