Training Date :
7th November – 8th November 2017
This programme enables participants to understand the bookkeeping process and how to prepare full set of financial accounts leading to the preparations of financial statements. Participants will also understand the accounting principles and standards governing the preparation of the accounts and its Financial Statements. With the implementation of GST, participants will also be shown how GST is to be recorded.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand why accounting is important, the glossary of accounting terms, the fundamental accounting concepts used in accounts preparation, financial statements, journal entries, etc…
- Explain the concept of double-entry (debit & credit) & able to perform the double-entry process
- Better understanding of the relationship between the ledger accounts & the financial statements
- Know how to provide for depreciation, bad debts & other entries, know how computerized accounting systems work
- Prepare Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Profit or Loss Accounts and Other Comprehensive Income
- understand how to record GST
Who Should Attend
Accounts & Finance Executives / Clerks
Administration Executives / Clerks
Payroll Executives / Clerks
Credit Control Executives
IT personnel who are involve in Accounting System
and those who wish to obtain a Good Understanding on Preparation of Full Set of Accounts.
Lecture / Exercises / Group Discussion / Games / Videos
THE NECESSITY OF BOOKKEEPING
- Origin and brief background of bookkeeping
- Why the Necessity of Bookkeeping
- Difference between financial accounting and management accounting
ACCOUNTING CONCEPTS AND EQUATION
- The fundamental Concepts and Assumption in Accounting
- Accounting Equation
- Rules of Double Entry System – Debit and Credit
- The Accounting Cycle
RECORDING AND ANALYSING BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
- Understanding the Main Books of Accounting System
- Journal, Ledger and Source Documents
- Books of Original Entries – Types of Journals and Cash Book
- Ledger System – General Ledgers, Subsidiary Ledgers – Posting into Ledger
- Understanding How Accounts Receivable (AR) & Accounts Payable (AP) Work
- Performing AR, AP Reconciliation
FIXED ASSETS ACCOUNTING
- Differentiate between Revenue Expenditure and Capital Expenditure
- Depreciation Methods
- Disposal of Fixed Assets
INVENTORY ACCOUNTING AND METHODS OF VALUATION
- Reasons for keeping stock and the cost associated with the stock keeping
- Different Valuation Methods of Inventory: FIFO, LIFO & Weighted Average
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Each Method of Valuation
- Types of Share Capitals
- Share Premium
- How to record the Share Capitals including the Share Premium
UNDERSTANDING THE CASH BOOK AND PETTY CASH
- Understanding the layout of Cash book
- Posting Cash Book Transactions into Ledgers
- Preparing Bank Reconciliation Statements
- Petty Cash and the system of controlling petty cash
PREPARATION OF FINAL ACCOUNTS
- Balancing Accounts and preparation of Trial Balance
- Detecting the errors or unbalance Trial Balance
- Preparation Trading Accounts / Profit & Loss Accounts / The Financial Position
- Final Adjustment – Bad Debts, Doubtful Debts, Provision of Taxation etc
- The closures of books and transfer of balances to next financial year
- Working in a Computerized Accounting Environment
- Difference Between Manual & Computerized Accounting
- Real Time vs Batch Processing
ACCOUNTING FOR GST
- Understanding Input and Output Tax
- Issuing Tax Invoices
- Timing for Transaction
- Tax Codes
- Adjustments for Bad Debt Relief
- Auditing using GAF
Mr. Tan Chee Wan
PSMB Train-The-Trainer certificate no: TTT/6518
Fellows Member of Chartered Management Accountant – FCMA (UK)
Chartered Accountant (Malaysia) – CA (M’sia)
Chartered Global Management Accountant – CGMA
Competent Toastmaster – CTM
Tan Chee Wan is a Senior Member (FCMA) of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, CIMA and a member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants, MIA since 1992. He has been a Council Member of the CIMA Malaysia Divisional Council since 1998 until the Divisional Council dissolved in May 2012. Chee Wan is also a duly certified Competent Toastmaster of Toastmaster International.
Chee Wan has had a long and distinguished career as a Management Accountant in a number of well-known Malaysian and International Companies. He started his career in Finance as an Auditor. In 2000, he joined KNM Berhad as Group Financial Controller and played a pivotal role in KNM’s listing submission. In December 2005, Chee Wan returned to his hometown, Melaka and worked for Coats Thread (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. as Finance Manager / Director and retired in March 2012 to form Wanfah Prosper Training & Consultancy.
As the pioneer CIMA Global Membership Assessor from Malaysia, Chee Wan is actively involved in giving talks and doing workshops for potential members who wanted to apply for CIMA membership locally as well as in Singapore and has conducted in house training as well as public training programmes on Finance both locally as well as in Cambodia. With the expansion of more oversea Global Membership Assessors, Chee Wan has been mentoring two new Assessors in Malaysia.
After started his own business, Chee Wan has keep up todate of the current technology. Among some of his achievement are created his own business websites, developed mobile apps and ventured into E-commerce.
All in, Chee Wan has more than twenty-five years of hands-on experience in different areas of management and functions in diverse industries such as in auditing, printing, construction, manufacturing, consultancy, engineering and trading. Other than the Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Corporate Finance and Credit Control, some of the other functions include: general management, business development, business strategic planning, performance improvement, quality assurance, human resource management, information technology and management, budgeting and strategic cost management.
Chee Wan has attended the Train The Trainer Training conducted by PSMB and is a certified trainer under PSMB (Certificate No. TTT/6518). Chee Wan is also a Certified GST Consultant / Trainer having attended the Royal Malaysia Custom GST training and passed its examination.
Comments from past participants :
“Very knowledgeable and questions asked are well explained” – Ms Lee Li Yin, Finance Executive – Mobile Money International Sdn. Bhd.
“Well done and Good Jobs! Keep going this course as it helps participants to understand the subject in-depth” – Mr. Harvinder Singh Dhillon, Assistant Accounts Manager – Emirates Shipping Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
“This course met my expectation”- Cik Suriati Binti Mohd Zawawi, Accounts Assistant – Voss Engineering Sdn. Bhd.
“It is very simple to understand” – Encik Muhammad Hazim Bin Halim
“Good” – Ms Nurhafizah Bt Hussain, Accounts Clerk – Mediquip Sdn. Bhd.
Course Fees & Registration
FEE PAYABLE PER PARTICIPANT :
Normal Price : RM1,688
Early Bird (15 days before event) : RM1,588
Group Discount (>2 participants) : RM1,388
Fee includes course materials, lunch, 2 tea breaks per day and Certificate of Attendance (upon completion of the training).
Download our Registration form Here and sent it to us by
Fax : +603 5523 2827
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATION / TRANSFER
Upon registering, participant(s) are considered successfully enrolled in the event. Written cancellations / transfer notice (substitution or to later dates) received :
- More than ten (10) working days before the event, a refund (less administrative charge of 15%) will be made.
- Ten (10) working days or less before the event, no refund will be made.
- For no show on the day of the event, full payment is required. If you cannot attend the event, you can nominate a substitute at any time without payment of an administration fee.
- A full (100%) refund may be granted if the course is cancelled by Wanfah Prosper PLT (WFP). WFP reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event and / or change facilitator at any time should circumstances beyond its control arises. WFP also reserve the right to make alternative arrangements without prior notice should it be necessary to do so.
Please make cheque payable / direct credit to :WANFAH PROSPER PLT
Accounts Number : 3812930508
Bank : Public Bank Berhad
Personal Data is gathered in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709)