An increasingly competitive, demanding and globalized corporate environment is undoubtedly subjecting people to ever increasing levels of occupational stress. This is compounded by a host of personal, financial and environmental stressors that have a negative impact on an individual’s functioning, both on a personal and professional level. This “Handling Your Stress” program aims to create awareness of stress and its detrimental effects and to provide effective and evidence based solutions.
WHY IS IT ESSENTIAL TO ATTEND THIS “HANDLING YOUR STRESS” PROGRAM?
- To identify stress related problems early and promote help-seeking behavior within your organization
- To equip managers with skills to manage stress related problems and address them effectively
- To provide an avenue to identify occupational stress with the focus on preventing or minimizing these stressors in order to create a pleasant and productive working environment
Ultimately the aim of this program is to create an environment within your organization that actively identifies, manages and implements stress prevention measures.
- Identify stressors relevant to each individual (personal, occupational and environmental stressors)
- Enable individual and managers to comprehend the adverse effects of chronic unresolved stress on oneself and to the productivity and profitability of the organization
- Active screening for possible stress and related conditions within the organization
- Apply techniques of effective coping skills
- Outline potential strategies to prevent, minimize and effectively cope with stress, at organizational and individual levels.
“HANDLING YOUR STRESS” CONTENT
Introduction to stress
- Conceptualizing stress
- An overview of the prevalence of occupational stress
- Identifying occupational stressors in the organization
- Barriers to recognition of occupational stress
- Acute versus chronic stress
- Signs and symptoms of stress
- The role of individuals and employers
The damaging effects of chronic stress
- The body’s response to chronic stress
- The psychological reaction to chronic stress
- The impact of chronic stress on the organization
- Primary, secondary and tertiary interventions
- Individual strategies
- Organizational strategies
- Relaxation therapy
- Physical therapy
- Psychological therapies
- Medical therapies
- Policy issues
Handouts and Case studies
Group work and discussion
Self rating questionnaires
Hands-on relaxation exercises using audio and video tools
Dr Gurdeep S Grewal
-MBBS, CMIA, MPM
PSMB Train-The-Trainer Certificate no: TTT/6524
Dr Gurdeep is a practicing medical doctor and Psychiatrist. He has more than nine years of experience working in the area of psychological health and has worked in major mental health facilities around the country.
He is passionate about the promotion of psychological well being and prevention of mental illnesses and has conducted courses for various organizations, including within the civil service and for NGO’s locally as well as overseas. Working at the individual and organizational level, he focuses on identifying stress and coming up with solutions for preventing, minimizing and coping with stress and other psychological problems. Your organization can benefit from his expertise in the area of psychological health and wellness by creating a culture of ‘healthy body and mind’ within your organization.
His executive coaching activities include finding meaningfulness at the individual and organizational levels to increase personal satisfaction and thereby aid in increased productivity. He is a professional psychological health expert who works to understand what makes us tick, what causes us to fail or helps us to succeed.
FEE PAYABLE PER PARTICIPANT :
Normal Price : RM1,788
Early Bird (15 days before event) : RM1,688
Group Discount (>2 participants) : RM1,588
Fee includes course materials, lunch, 2 tea breaks per day and Certificate of Attendance (upon completion of the training).
Download our Registration form Here and sent it to us by
Fax : +603 5523 2827
Email : email@example.com
CANCELLATION / TRANSFER
Upon registering, participant(s) are considered successfully enrolled in the event. Written cancellations / transfer notice received :
- More than ten (10) working days before the event, a refund (less administrative charge of 15%) will be made.
- Ten (10) working days or less before the event, no refund will be made.
- For no show on the day of the event, full payment is required. If you cannot attend the event, you can nominate a substitute at any time without payment of an administration fee.
- A full (100%) refund may be granted if the course is cancelled by Wanfah Prosper PLT (WFP). WFP reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event and / or change facilitator at any time should circumstances beyond its control arises. WFP also reserve the right to make alternative arrangements without prior notice should it be necessary to do so.
Please make cheque payable to :
WANFAH PROSPER PLT
Accounts Number : 3812930508
Bank : Public Bank Berhad
Personal Data is gathered in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709)